Chilli Crab Dip with Mantou
An iconic Singapore dish you can now easily dip into from the convenience of your home. An easy dish to whip up, this Chilli Crab Dip is best mopped up with fried pillowy mantou buns.
Serving portion: 1
|CHILLI CRAB DIP||Condiments|
|Corn oil 20g||Mantou, steamed, deep fried 20pcs|
|Sambal chilli 90g||Coriander 50g|
|Whole egg, beaten 80g||Spring onions 50g|
|Crabmeat 500g||Red chilli 50g|
|White vinegar 30g|
|Oyster sauce 90g|
|Ginger, chopped 90g|
|Garlic, chopped 90g|
|Knorr Pronto Tomato 600g|
Chilli Crab Dip
- Heat up pot with oil, stir fry chopped garlic and ginger till fragrant.
- Add in sambal, stir fry till caramelised.
- Add in Pronto Tomato Sauce and bring to boil.
- Add in oyster sauce, sugar, vinegar and ketchup and let it simmer for 10mins.
- Fold in crab meat, let it simmer for 2 mins.
- Lastly fold in egg wash.
- Heat up deep fryer and deep fry mantou to golden brown.
- Remove seeds from red chilli, thinly slice and soak in ice water.
- Diagonally, thinly slice spring onions and soak in ice water.
- Once garnish is curled up, strain and pat dry.
- Fill serving bowl with chilli crab dip.
- Serve with fried mantou.
- Garnish with chilli, spring onions and coriander.
- Ready to serve.
Our products used in this recipe
- Knorr Pronto Tomato – 6 x 2kg View